Interested in submitting an event proposal for a Penguin Random House author? We’re here to help libraries navigate the process!
Step 1: Decide on a specific author(s)
- Review seasonal lists of forthcoming or recently released books and determine who may be best for your audience or event. Edelweiss is an excellent resource!
- It is recommended that you have an alternate or two in mind in the event that your first choice is unavailable.
- Which books and authors circulate widely in your library? What is unique to your community? What are your book clubs reading?
Step 2: Planning & preparing an event proposal
- Plan as far in advance as possible: (3-6 months is reasonable).
- Is this a Virtual event or an in-person event?
- Do you have a budget? Are you prepared for expenses such as travel, lodging, and meals?
- Some authors work with lecture agents and require fees for events.
- The Penguin Random House Speakers Bureau represents an unrivaled roster of award-winning authors whose work is shaping national conversations.
- Buy the books. Who will handle book sales? Do you partner with a local bookstore?
- Do you have examples of past author events hosted by your library? Will this be part of a series or is it meant to be a fundraiser for the library?
- What is the format and structure of your event?
- What is your anticipated attendance and who do you expect to be there?
- What is your promotional plan? How will you build buzz and excitement for the event?
Step 3: Submit your request
- Fill out the request form and include as much information as possible. (Right now we’re just taking requests for virtual events.)
- Have questions? Email us at email@example.com and we’re happy to help!