From the author of the blockbuster New York Times bestsellers The Happiness Project and Happier at Home comes a book that tackles the question: How do we make good habits that are easy, effortless, and automatic?
Download The Habits Manifesto Poster to share with your patrons!
1. What we do every day matters more than what we do once in a while.
2. Make it easy to do right and hard to go wrong.
3. Focus on actions, not outcomes.
4. By giving something up, we may gain.
5. Things often get harder before they get easier.
6. When we give more to ourselves, we can ask more from ourselves.
7. We’re not very different from other people, but those differences are very important.
8. It’s easier to change our surroundings than ourselves.
9. We can’t make people change, but when we change, others may change.
10. We should make sure the things we do to feel better don’t make us feel worse.
11. We manage what we monitor.
12. Once we’re ready to begin, begin now.